Between Two Cities is a partnership-driven tile-drafting game in which each tile represents part of a city: factory, shop, park, landmarks, etc. You work with the player on your left to design the heart of one city, and with the player on your right to design the heart of another city. On each turn you select two tiles from hand, reveal them, then work with your partners separately to place one of those tiles into each of your two cities before passing the remaining hand of tiles around the table.
At the end of the game, each city is scored for its livability. Your final score is the lower of the livability scores of the two cities you helped design. To win, you have to share your attention and your devotion between two cities. The player with the highest final score wins the game.
The game features play for 3-7 players in 20-25 minutes, a 2-player variant for head-to-head competition as well as a solo variant (Automa).
AWARDS & HONORS
- 2018 MinD-Spielepreis Short Game Nominee
- 2018 Hungarian Board Game Award Nominee
- 2017 Juego del Año Recommended
- 2015 Meeples’ Choice Nominee
- 2015 Golden Geek Most Innovative Board Game Nominee
- 2015 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Nominee